Resources for Faculty, Adjuncts & Students

The information contained below is intended for use by faculty, adjuncts, students and staff in the School of Business only.  While much of the information is drawn directly from University policies and procedures, some of it is very School-specific and other Schools may do things differently in some cases.  That said, we hope you find the information below useful and helpful.  As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the BUSN office.

Course-Related Questions

  • If the course you are trying to register for has a waitlist, be sure to add yourself to the waitlist. Monitor the course enrollment daily to see if a seat in the course becomes available.
  • If a course is full and you are the first student on the waitlist, you may email the professor with a request to be accepted in the course as an additional student, above the course capacity, ONLY IF the classroom itself can fit an additional student.
  • If the professor is willing to accept you into the course, he or she will contact the School of Business Office (, who will review and respond to your request. Registration in course above the set capacity is a rare occurrence and is usually permitted only under exceptional circumstances.
  • As with the usual course registration process, priority registration goes to the student in the first position on the waitlist. 
  • The first course of action for a student having an issue with an assignment, course, grade, or professor is to meet with the professor to discuss their concerns. If a consensus cannot be met, the student should contact The School of Business Office via an “Issue Report Form”. This will notify the office of the issue and we can then research and get back to you with a resolution.
  • School of Business faculty contact information can be found here. Please also refer to the faculty's syllabus for their preferred method of communication. 
  • The Grade Appeal Procedure may be found here
  • There is a single form (also available from Academic Advising, online or in-person) that students can complete to change their preceptor, change their major, add or remove a concentration, and/or add a minor.  The form should be completed by the student, signed by an appropriate full-time faculty member (no Adjuncts or 13D), and submitted to the office of academic advising.

Room-Related Questions

Student Worker Questions

  • Forms must be submitted directly to Daniela McCarthy,  , before the due date. Emails will be sent to all student workers reminding them of their due dates throughout the semester.
  • You may email the Program Coordinator of your major of choice for more information about your field of study. Each Program Coordinator is listed on their respective Academic Program Pages.
  • Additionally, there are several Open House events throughout the academic year where you will have the opportunity to speak to a faculty member in your major and tour the facilities. 
  • You may apply to take a course as a non-matriculated student here
  • Registration dates for non-matriculated registration can be found on the academic calendar.
  • View the schedule of courses by term here

If it is necessary to cancel a class, please notify the BUSN office. A cancellation sign will be posted on the classroom door with any additional information you request. Additionally, if needed, an email will be sent to the class. Class cancellations for personal reasons will be counted as sick time. If you are out for more than one class day (e.g., Monday & Wednesday) the intervening day will also be recorded as sick time. If you intend for the class to run as scheduled in your absence, please make every effort to have a program colleague cover the class for you. If you are unable to get coverage from a fellow faculty member, someone from BUSN may be able to assist.

  • For all absences, please complete the Faculty/Staff Absence form and submit it to the BUSN office, either as an email attachment or in person. This includes attendance of a conference. Please notify the School of Business Office no later than 1 week prior to your absence. We will need a faculty absence form in place stating if classes will be cancelled or if you have alternate plans. 

Initial classroom assignments are made by the Office of Student Records and are subject to change for at least the first few weeks after the schedule is made viewable. If you have specific classroom requests or believe there will be an issue with your rooms as assigned, please notify the BUSN office by email. We will make every effort to ensure that your rooms meet the needs of your classes, but due to space limitations, it may not always be possible to fulfill every request. Please do remember to check your rooms before the start of the semester, so that we can minimize issues once the semester starts. You are more than welcome to make arrangements to switch rooms with other instructors on your own, but please notify the office immediately so that we can maintain the accuracy of the class schedule online and make sure there are no unforeseen issues.

Requests for lab reservations can be made by emailing the BUSN office, or can be sent directly to the office of Information Technology Services by filling out their online request form.  Regular or recurring lab reservations are best made prior to the start of the semester.  Please note that there is a separate process (internally for I.T.S.) for scheduling labs during the final/extended week, and that regular lab assignments may not carry over. Lab requests for the final week should be made as early as possible in the same manner as a regular lab request, but labs will not be assigned until later in the semester.

Routine copy requests should be submitted in advance. You can email the BUSN office ( for any copy requests, or use the blue work request forms in the office.  Copy requests of high volume will be sent to the print shop. Be sure to leave ample time for job completion. You may make copies on your own, but please submit a request for large or more complex jobs (100 pages or more). Also, please be aware of copywrite infringements.  Whenever possible, please make copies on the front and back side of the page in order to save paper. Please consult a BUSN administrative assistant if you need assistance with your copy requests.  If at all possible, go green.

  • All BUSN faculty should be connected to the "BUSN_Canon" located in the workroom. If you do not see this printer listed as an option when printing from your office, please let someone in the office know and we will get you connected. This printer can be used any time as needed; however, please do not use it for exceptionally large documents or to make multiple copies of documents. This puts excessive wear and tear on the machine and leads to service disruptions. Such jobs should be sent to the BUSN email (
  • In instances where the course has a waitlist, if the student is in the first place on the waitlist, please send the School of Business an email ( ) requesting that the student be registered as an additional student. Please do not send emails to individual staff members. This will help avoid emails being missed in case they are absent. The School of Business Inbox is monitored by all staff. Please also keep in mind classrooms do have set fire code capacities. We cannot, by law, go over the room capacity.
  • Faculty should acknowledge that students who observe religious holidays are absent from class for valid reasons. Students have an obligation to notify the faculty member within the first three weeks of the semester if any class session will be missed due to religious observance, and to make up their work and attend alternative class hours, if such are available. Please announce this message in your classes

Full-Time Faculty Only

  • This is only a PERMIT for the student to be allowed to register for this course. This does not automatically add the student to your course. Permits are required for courses designated Permission of Instructor.
    1. Log in to the “GO” Portal.
    2. In the far-right column, under “Faculty Advising Tools,” click on “Issue Permit.”
    3. Select Term, click SUBMIT.
    4. Enter the Z number of the student to receive the POI. In “Search Type,” make sure “all” is selected, then click SUBMIT.
    5. On Student Verification page, verify that this is the correct student to PERMIT into your course. If yes, click SUBMIT.
    6. Courses for which you are allowed to issue POIs will appear in a drop-down menu. Select the course you would like to PERMIT the student into.
    7. Scroll down a bit and select “Override Everything but CAPP” under “Permit Type,” then click SUBMIT.
    8. Screen updates to show the student you just permitted to your course with the course listing. NOTE: You may need to click SUBMIT once more in order for the permit to process.

You may also email  with the students’ Z number and the course CRN (5-digit course number) and someone in the office can issue a permit and contact the student to register.

  • All Independent Study and Internship forms must be submitted to the BUSN School Office for approval by the Assistant Dean.
  • General Studies Convenors are as follows:
  • Please visit the General Studies website to view material related to General Studies course proposal/review process. The “G” Course Approval Form may be accessed here.
  • GAH: Marcy Isabella
  • GEN: John O Hara
  • GIS: Judith Vogel
  • GNM: Wondi Geremew
  • GSS: Manish Madan
  • Faculty:
    • All full-time/part-time faculty must get program approval.
    • The Program Coordinator must alert the Assistant Dean/Dean of the new course and the full program approval.
    • The faculty member must then complete a new Course Inventory Form and return it to the Assistant Dean or Diane Turtzo who will check to make sure that the acronym and number chosen is appropriate.
    • The completed form goes through workflow for the course to be created.
  • Adjuncts/Staff Adjuncts:
    • Adjuncts/Staff adjuncts are required to have a faculty member to serve as a mentor when creating a new course.
    • All new BUSN courses must still get program approval.
    • The adjunct and the faculty member must then complete a new Course Inventory Form and return it to the Assistant Dean or Diane Turtzo who will check to make sure that the acronym and number chose is appropriate.
    • The completed form goes through workflow for the course to be created.
  • You can quickly and easily email all of the students in a particular class from your Stockton email account using the following format - "". For example, if you are trying to email BSNS 4112-001 in the Fall 2019 semester, you would use the address, "".  When emailing summer classes, be sure to use the correct section number (101 vs. 001).
  • You can also email students directly from the "summary class list" online. At the bottom of the list there is an "Email class" link.  Clicking it will open a new message with all of the students' email addresses in the "bcc:" field. There are also links to email each student individually.
  • Instructors can make grade changes for the current or past two semesters using the "Grade Change" link under "Faculty Advising Tools" on the Faculty tab in the Portal.  Once a change is submitted, both the instructor and student will receive a confirmation email.  The change will be visible on the student's transcript and the "Grade Summary" screen but not on the "Final Grades" screen. Changes can only be made to A - F, I and X grades. For changes in other situations, please contact the Assistant Dean or the Registrar's office (
  • To assign an Incomplete in place of a grade, the "Agreement for Completion of Coursework" (also available on the Faculty tab under "Faculty Resources") form must be filled out, signed by both the instructor and student, and submitted Dean (or Assistant Dean) for approval.  The form will be sent to the Registrar's office (who will input the "I" grade) and a copy will remain on file in the BUSN office.
  • These forms can be found on this page on the Academic Advising website. 
  • The official Academic Calendar may be accessed here. Please take note of these important dates and deadlines in your course syllabi. 
  • The Spring 2020 Final Week Schedule for the Galloway campus can be found here.
  • The schedule for the Atlantic City campus can be found here
  • The IDEA administration dates for the Spring 2020 term are to be announced.
  • You can view the holiday calendar for this year on the Human Resources website here
  • The BUSN office will be open with limited staff and no mail service on the days listed below. Classes do meet these days.

President’s Day*



Good Friday*



  • The Open House dates may be viewed here
  • All online faculty review files can be accessed here. You will need to sign in with your Portal username and password.
  • Important dates regarding faculty files can be found on the Personnel Actions Calendar.
  • Professional updates are due quarterly and will be included in an annual Scholarly and Professional Activity Report.They now must be submitted in Chicago Style to Diane . All items must be completed, published, etc., within each quarterly timeframe.  Diane will send out reminders at the appropriate time to remind you. 
  • You may view the deadlines and time frames here.


Printable Checklist (for your records; does not need to be submitted)

BUSN Funding Policy JFF have been confirmed ($1400) for AY 19-20.  FDF have not been confirmed.

Helpful Links:

Steps to secure funds and approvals:

  1. Select and complete the correct funding request form. 

You will receive a response via email within 1-2 days after completing the funding request form. The email will provide fund, org, and program information that you will need for Step 2, Chrome River.

  1. After request is approved, complete Chrome River Pre-Approval for Travel/Vehicle/Staff Training. Chrome River pre-approval must be initiated at least three weeks prior to travel or event.
  2. Submit Request for Approval for Attendance at Events (not required if travel is for scholarly reasons related to teaching or research) to Donna Hagen in the BUSN office.  Additional information and details on University procedures can be found at the Administration and Finance Travel page.



For all computer, hardware and software** purchases, a quote must be requested from the office of Information and Technology Services before the purchase can be made.  If you have a specific technology request, you may work directly with someone in I.T.S. or send the request to Donna Hagen.

**All software purchases require prior approval from the office of Information and Technology Services. 

Room Reservations

Space can be reserved by contacting the Office of Event Services at (usually Lisa Warnock answers that email – X4655).  Please include the event name or purpose for the reservation, number of expected attendees, and any support needs (I.T. assistance, ZOOM, tables and chairs, etc.).  If the event involves catering, please follow the steps below.

Catering Checklist

  • Submit a funding request for catering and receive approval (see "Travel and Funding" section). Funding requests should be submitted no less than three weeks before the event.
  • After catering approval is granted, contact Event Services (see above) about your event including set-ups for the room (tables, electronics, etc.).  Be sure to indicate that catering will be requested as certain rooms are not configured for catering.
  • Look at menus online at
  • Catering orders need to be placed no less than two weeks before the event.  Please contact the office to let us know what food you would like so that we can place the order (all orders must go through the BUSN office). We will also need the Event Services confirmation that includes the room/location of the event, an agenda for your event, and a flyer or other advertisement of the event (an email advertisement is acceptable). Additionally, please be sure to let us know what budget the catering order will be using.
  • The day of the event you must circulate a sign-in sheet and have guests write their names on the sign-in sheet.  You may not email a list of attendees in lieu of submitting a sign-in sheet.  An example sign-in sheet can be downloaded here: sign-in sheet.

Please return the sign-in sheet to Donna Hagen.

  • Complete the forms found under the "Address / Name Change Forms" tab on this page and return them to Human Resources.
  • In the event of the loss of a Stockton ID card, please follow the below process: 
  1. You must report your card lost or stolen through     
  2. Complete this form and take it to Human Resources (J-115) with appropriate photo identification: Employment Verification form
  3. Take the approved form to the Bursar’s Office (CC-202) and pay the $25.00 replacement fee.
  4. Contact the Lock Shop, ext. 4391, to secure your new ID card. 
  • You will need to register all vehicles that you will be parking at the University.
  • Your license plate will be your permit. In line with evolving technology and sustainability, we are using license plate recognition technology to monitor parking at Stockton University. More information may be found on the Parking and Transportation website.
  • To register your vehicle, please visit this page.
  • Click here to view where faculty/staff may park.
  • Atlantic City Parking
  • Please be sure to give your office hours schedule to Diane Turtzo,
  • Watch your email for the form you need to fill out.
  • Your Stockton University ID card will allow you access to the BUSN main office door (H-118) and to Work Room (H-118c), where the printer is located if you print from your office computer, and where the copier is located should you need to make copies. You will also have access to the Faculty Lounge (G-134.) If you teach in a classroom that is an BUSN dedicated space, your ID will allow you access to this room. You can access these rooms on weekends as well.
  • Due to Copyright laws, requests for photocopying of entire books absolutely will not be honored.
  • There are two ways we handle text adoptions. You can send all textbook information (title, author, edition and ISBN number) directly to our Bookstore via email: OR send the information to Daniela McCarthy, . The Bookstore also send emails to faculty reminding them to please send their adoption info. It is the faculty members responsibility to be sure this is done prior to the start of the semester.
  • Please direct any questions with regard to texts to Daniela McCarthy OR JoAnn Golden, Text Manager, x4357.


  • Donations to our programs are very welcome. Please indicate "School of Business" or the specific program you would like to contribute to (e.g., the School of Business Internship Program), on the donation form. Donations may be made here.  
  • To learn more about volunteer opportunities for alumni, please contact staff in the Office of Development and Alumni Relations here