The Committee on Campus Diversity and Inclusive Excellence (CCDIE) welcomes new and returning readers to the latest issue of Celebrate Diversity Digest. We invite you to learn more about issues of campus diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice covered in this newsletter.
The CCDIE includes faculty, staff, students and alumni who contribute to the University’s efforts to support and further these four areas on our campus, as well as the University’s mission to develop engaged and effective citizens with the capacity to adapt to change in a multicultural, interdependent world.
Featured Stories - April/May 2023
Unity Day 2023: Unity in Global Education
Inclusive Leadership Conference
The first cohort of the Cultural Engagement Ospreys (CEO) interns held the inaugural Inclusive Leadership Conference on April 14 in the Campus Center.
The conference included live music, free sessions on thrifting and headshots, an interactive fair about the art of origami, henna and gaming, and other educational sessions throughout the day. In addition, the conference included two keynote speakers who are also Educational Opportunity Fund alumni — Anyelis Cordero, CEO of Propel on Purpose Coaching, and Akeem Lloyd, CEO of A Leadership Journey.
The conference also provided students from Ocean County College, Rowan College of Burlington County and Hudson Community College an opportunity to check out Stockton University and the programs/initiatives that are offered here on campus.
Ana Edmondson, interim assistant vice president of Student Transition Access and Retention, supported the students in organizing the conference, which she said has prepared them for the world after graduation by developing their National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) career competencies.
- Woman's WORTH Encourages Racial Healing
- Students Celebrate EOF Month with Yale Conference
- Haitian Heritage Celebrated
- Perceptions of Late Adulthood: Initiatives on Combating Ageism
- Stockton Mourns Lydia Fecteau
- Holocaust Resource Center Offers Perspective on Jewish American History
- Unity Day a 'Spiritual' Experience
- Stockton Tool Leads to New Connections, Discussions on Diversity
- Third Annual Black Gala Makes a Splash
- Pregnant Students and New Parents Find Support at WGSC
- WGSC Creates Culture of Care with Help of Governor's Grant Award
- New Angles for Success: Mentoring Underrepresented Youth
- Student Empowered by Experience at Fannie Lou Hamer Symposium
- Fraternities & Sororities Address Issues of Diversity, Inclusion
- Support Programs Set Stockton Apart
- Stockton a Model for Search Advocates
- Class Project Highlights Campus Accessibility Issues
- Stockton Receives 4th Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award
- Students, Faculty Address Hispanic Success in Higher Ed
- Enrollment Management Incorporates DEI Learning
- Celebrating Diversity in the Classroom
- Summit Focuses on Diversifying Teacher Workforce
- Alumni Conference Explores Shared Governance
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: COVID and Ageism
- Student Presents at Prestigious Yale Bouchet Conference
- Event Highlights Unity of Religion & Spirituality
- Stockton Celebrates AAPI Heritage Month
- Alumni Conference Explores Freedom of Speech
- Search Advocate Program Addresses Hiring Bias
- Statement from President Kesselman on Chauvin Verdict
- Focus on Policy: Bill Protects Older LGBTQ+ Adults
- Student Senate Adds Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Alumni Event Fosters Dialog on Diversity
- Women's History Month: Songs, Articles & Resources
- Ike Ejikeme, '18 Joins CCDIE as Alumni Representative
- Statement in Support of Our AAPI Community
- 'The Movement Continues' at Event
- The H&M Marketing Controversy: A Case Study
- Proposal to Add Courses on Race, Racism to Graduation Requirements
- Ospreys Against Oppression Promote Racial Justice