Esports has become one of the most rapidly growing, multi-national, billion-dollar industries driven by the growing prevalence of (online) games and online broadcasting technologies.
This program is designed to meet the rapidly growing needs of this industry and prepare you to be a leader with a robust esports background focused in business management and events.
About the Program
At Stockton University, we do more than play games; our program unleashes passion and builds transferable skills necessary to fill the Esports ecosystem talent pipeline.
The BS in Esports Management degree is highly interdisciplinary, building foundations across the School of Business including Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management, Business Studies (Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing), and Computer Science. Students enrolled in this program gain hands-on experience within the university’s Esports student community and competitive team, local professional Esports organizations, and business partners including the Atlantic City Esports Innovation Center located in Stockton’s residential building complex. Students will learn business fundamentals, how to manage and produce Esports events, and develop skills as part of the program’s experiential learning sequence including professional work experience and internship requirements.
Dr. Noel Criscione-Naylor
Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management Studies & Associate Professor
Esports Trade Association Member
AC-224T | 609-992-4714
The BS in Esports Management prepares students for a variety of careers within the Esports Ecosystem. The most common Esports career opportunities can be broken down into three main areas:
Careers in Events
- Event Assistant
- Regional Gaming Events Manager
- Community & Venue Manager
- Manager - Facility Booking
- Event Producer
- Event Management Intern
Careers in Marketing
- Marketing Lead
- User Acquisition
- Brand Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Media Strategist
- Production Marketing Manager
- Strategy Manager
- Creative Development Specialist
- Product Marketing Manager
- Growth Marketing Manager
- Brand Marketing Coordinator
- Live Event Digital Marketing Assistant
- Lifecycle Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Assistant
Careers in Project Management
- Project Manager
- Content Planning
- Technical Project Manager
- Publishing Specialist
- Strategic Planning Associate
- Development Manager
- Community Manager
The Career Education and Development team at Stockton stands ready to assist you with anything related to your career development. Narrowing down career options, job searching, graduate school applications, connecting with employers - they assist with it all!
While degrees and courses in Esports Management have been announced across the Unites States, Stockton University’s BS in Esports Management program is distinctive.
Professional Work Experience
Interdisciplinary Degree with Business Management Core
BS in Esports Management Learning Outcomes
ESPM students will be able to understand Esports Management.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of important management concepts
for various segments of Esports within the HTE (Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management
- Economic, legal, and social environments;
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability;
- Financial management;
- Organizational systems and processes;
- Esports Management, hospitality and tourism business strategies.
- Graduates will be able to reflectively think on experiences in their coursework and profession and be able to translate knowledge of business and management into practice and in society.
ESPM Esports students will be able to give examples of and evaluate ethical situations and issues in order to make good management decisions.
- Graduates will demonstrate ethical decision-making skills through analytical analysis of ethical issues and situations.
ESPM Esports students will develop respect for diversity in the international community as they attend classes in the program and work side by side with various cultures.
- Graduates will develop global and cross-cultural understanding that contributes to a globalized society.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of workforce and customer diversity in organizations.
ESPM Esports students will communicate and present content effectively in a professional manner.
- Oral Communication: graduates will deliver information in an organized, persuasive and logical manner using supportive documentation and visual aids.
- Written Communication: graduates will create documents that are technical, analytical, relevant in content and well organized.
- Computer Literacy: graduates will demonstrate knowledge of information technology relative to the Esports Management professional practice that requires adaptation and innovation to solve problems.
ESPM Esports students will be able to research Esports, hospitality, tourism and event management topics and make decisions about goals, objectives and company strategies.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to frame and analyze problems.
ESPM Esports students will become proficient in the development of group dynamic and teamwork abilities.
- Graduates will be able to work effectively in teams.
Fall 2023 — Spring 2024
Advisory Board & Esports Professional Associations
Regina Schaffer Carr
Demetrios Roubos, M.S., CISSP
Megan Van Petten
Esports Professional Associations
Several professional associations related to Esports are shaping curricular standards. Additionally, the BS in Esports Management faculty and staff are highly engaged and active within these pivotal associations to not only influence the development of curriculum standards but to continuously evaluate standards based on industry development and workforce needs. Below is a non-exhaustive list of associations and boards:
ESTA is the premier association in the United States for Esports. Per their charter, “ESTA promotes, protects, and advances the broader interests of the esports community through providing forward-thinking professional development programs, networking opportunities, relevant industry research, and valuable tools and resources to the membership. ESTA focuses on promoting business expertise and sustainable growth of the esports industry by increasing the number of participants, sponsors, products, and services, procuring industry research, and executing industry events.” ESTA hosts an annual conference called EsportsNext in Chicago, Illinois.
NASEF provides opportunities for all students to use Esports to develop STEAM-based skills and social-emotional attributes such as communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities needed to thrive in work and life. Orange County Department of Education (OCDE), in partnership with the Network of Academics and Scholastic Esports Federations (NASEF) partnered with several middle school administrators and educators from Orange County, California, to craft 9-week quarter modules of integrated programs of study, focusing on Esports as a means of facilitating transference of concepts and skills that incorporate CA CCSS, NGSS, ISTE and SEL standards that are appropriate for the target student demographic.
The National Esports Association guides school districts, colleges, and corporations through learning outcomes, including making traditional education more relevant by gamifying classrooms and crafting curriculum and experiential learning for our digitized youth and workforce.
The GSE is a regional league and association that promotes North American Scholastic Esports Federation curriculum. As per their mission, they are a nonprofit founded by educators, Garden State Esports is the organizing body of scholastic Esports for New Jersey. Furthermore, their mission is to create high-quality, student-centered experiences through scholastic Esports so all students can use Esports as a platform to grow socially, emotionally, and academically. Stockton has partnered with GSE and will host their annual Spring tournament.
The National Federation of State High School Associationsprovides guidance and curriculum related to Esports.