Enrollment Checklist

Group shot

 Stockton University Military and Veteran Checklist

Get Accepted!

  1. Apply to Stockton University through the online application. Indicate you are service member, veteran, or dependent affiliation on the application. Your application fee is waived. Use promo code “waiver”.
  2. Complete VONAPP application at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/. If you are using the Post 9/11 G1 Bill, then you need a certificate of eligibility, which you will receive in response to your VONAPP submission. Before submitting the online application print out a copy for yourself. If you are a NJ Guard or Reserve, you need a Commander’s Certification. This can be obtained from your education department or education liaison. If NJ Guard - you must file a FASFA, complete state aid application and provide commander certification
  3. File your FASFA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You may receive federal/state aid in addition to your benefits. Your eligibility is determined by this filing.

After you are Accepted!

  1. Return all required materials of your acceptance packet as soon as possible. Please note that the $250.00 acceptance fee is waived for service members, veterans, and dependents. Please return the completed acceptance deposit and write “service member”, “veteran”, or “dependent” at the top. Do not send the $250.00.
  2. If you have not already, send all military transcripts to the admissions department (this includes all colleges attended if any). To obtain your records go to: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do (Use Firefox or Internet Explorer) Send to: Stockton University, Admissions Department, 101 Vera King Farris Dr., Galloway, NJ 08205-9441
  3. Provide all benefits paperwork you received from your VONAPP. The campus contact people for you are Donna Garrity and Jenifer Robin located in CC201
  4. If you are a freshmen or are transferring with fewer than 16 college credits, you are subject to the college’s basic studies requirement. Please contact Emma Kluesner at Academic Advising to discuss your placement and possible placement testing: (609) 652-4504 or Emma.Kluesner@stockton.edu
  5. Contact the Office of Military and Veteran Services in F109 to make your initial contact if you have not done so already. (609) 652-4315.
  6. Student veterans and service members with a disability should check out the disability services link http://talon.stockton.edu/eyos/page.cfm?siteID=5 or make an appointment with Robert Ross, Coordinator of Services for Students with disabilities, by calling (609) 652- 4988 or by emailing Ross@stockton.edu to find out what support services are available.
  7. Check your Stockton e-mail and GO portal daily! All communication will be through the portal.
  8. Attend orientation- you will get an e-mail in your GO Portal e-mail account regarding orientation dates.
  9. Get you Stockton ID card (after you sign up for classes you will be directed to where the IDs are being processes)
  10. Provide your immunization documentation to the Health Services Office (WQ 108)

As an Osprey!

  1. Get your books for your classes.

  2. Attend classes!

  3. Make an appointment with a Career Counselor at the Career Center to put together your resume. (CC104)

  4. Join and attend meeting of the student Veterans Organization.

  5. Meet with your preceptor (academic advisor) at least once a semester.