The Stockton Center on Successful Aging
SCOSA Mission and Vision
The Stockton Center on Successful Aging promotes research, education, and services to nurture body, mind and spirit of New Jersey's growing population of older adults. SCOSA respond to local, regional, and statewide needs and opportunities related to population aging. We seek to encourage older residents to “age successfully” through vital involvements and engagement in their community.
SCOSA News, Events, Quick Links
- Click Here to view our Older Adult Education events in the next month
- Click Here for our July - December Program Catalogue.
- Click Here to register for SCOSA programs or join our mailing list.
- Click Here to view our monthly E-Newsletters.
- Click Here to view our FY2018 Annual Report Highlights (FY2019 coming soon)
Click Here for a map of Stockton's campus.
- Click Here for Stockton Visitor Parking regulations (passes not needed in summer).
Program Changes, Event Cancellations, Announcements.
Check here before you leave!
For University weather-related or emergency closures check the top of the Stockton Homepage.
Stockton University joined the Age
Friendly University Network
founded at Dublin City University
and has endorsed the Network's
Click Here to learn more about the Global Network and Principles. The site also includes links to three recent webinars about AFU. funded with a grant from the Retirement Research Foundation.Useful Resources for Older Adults
Anti-Fraud Hotline and Web Form for Older Adults
The U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging has set up a toll-free hotline (1-855-303-9470) to help older adults who suspect fraud or a scam may be occurring. The hotline will make it easier for older Americans to report suspected fraud and find assistance for themselves or for someone they know. A team of investigators will help figure out what steps to take to combat possible investment scams, identity theft, bogus sweepstakes and lottery schemes, Medicare and Social Security fraud, and a variety of other consumer issues. Anyone with information about suspected fraud should reach out to an investigator by telephone (9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. EST) or through a web form that will send an email to the investigative team.
Stockton TV Channel 9 SCOSA Sponsored Programming:
CMS and You Aging Insights
- November Health Insurance Literacy Medicare Enrollment (#98)
- October 2019 Medicare Open Enrollment 2020 Census (#97)
- September 2019 Emergency Preparedness The Three Most Important Documents (#96)
- August 2019 Maternal Health Take the Time You Need (#95)
- July 2019 Measles Epidemic Music for All Ages (#94)
- June 2019 LGBT Health & Resources Keep Your Body Balanced (#93)
- May 2019 The Opioid Crisis Living Out and Older (#92)
- April 2019 Ovarian Cancer, Opiods, Medicare NJ SAVE Saves You! (#91)
- March 2019 "Power to Heal", ending segregation Shedding Light on Alzheimer's (#90)
- February 2019 Kidney Health Keeping the Lights on and More (#89)
- January 2019 Alzheimer's and Isolation Dealing with Social Isolation (#88)
TIMES/DAYS M-5:30pm, T-9:30am, W-5:30pm, R-9:30am, F-6pm M-11:30am, T-5:30pm, W-11:30am, R-5:30pm, F-11:30am
These informative programs, offered respectively by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the New Jersey Foundation for Aging, change mid-month, and offer useful and informative information for older adults on a variety of topics such as choosing the right health care provider, dealing with dementia, and staying active in the retirement years. Click Here to view archived episodes of Aging Insights on your electronic device (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Business and organizations wishing to place brief (10-20 second) underwriting spots to raise awareness about their services among viewers should contact the SCOSA Director for details.
For Stockton Retirees: Are you a retired employee of Stockton? If so, the university has compiled a variety of resources and services that you may find of interest. And, there is also an official organization called SURA (Stockton University Retirees Association) that you can join. SCOSA assisted in the formation of SURA and continues to be represented on its Advisory Board. Click Here for more information on retiree benefits and to learn about and join SURA.
Financial Support for SCOSA
Click here to donate to SCOSA's Revenue Account through Stockton's secure payment portal. (*This
is not a tax-deductible donation).
Help us to grow by making a tax-deductible contribution to the Teski Gerontology Fund. Your donation will support various SCOSA and Gerontology program activities. Named in honor of Professor Marea Teski, founder of Stockton’s Gerontology Program, the fund is a lasting tribute to this early visionary and driving force in the program. Make checks to “Teski Gerontology Fund” and send to SCOSA/SOBL, Stockton University, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway, NJ 08205-9441.
To discuss other ways of supporting SCOSA, please contact us at (609) 652-4311.
SCOSA encourages fragrance-free environments in all of our programming.
Chemical fragrances in many personal care, household and institutional cleaning products can cause severe reactions for some individuals and can be harmful to everyone in less apparent ways.