Transition Activity Leaders Of New Students
T.A.L.O.N.S. give new students a realistic view of academic, social, and emotional changes that may occur in their transition to Stockton by attending Orientation and Welcome Week events. Overall, T.A.L.O.N.S. promote a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward helping new students successfully transition into their first semester of school by remaining in contact with students through their first-year seminar course.
- Assist with Orientation and Registration for the following groups: Freshmen, Transfers, Military & Veterans, EOF, and Student Success Scholars Program
- Facilitate Orientation and Welcome Week activities
- Engage in a semester long Spring course
- Mentor first-year students throughout the Fall Semester via First-Year Seminar Courses
- Complete and Pass the Spring course titled Inclusive Student Transitions
- Attend Orientation and Welcome Week Trainings
- Work New Student Orientations (Summer and Winter), Welcome Week, and Fall Seminar Mentor Program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Be in good standing with the University
- Cannot work as a Resident Assistant or Event Services & Campus Center Operations staff member due to scheduling conflicts
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student for the Fall semester in Galloway or at the Stockton Instructional sites (for example, participants cannot be studying abroad or participating in the DC or Disney internship program for the Fall semester).
Current full-time students who are interested in applying for this paid position for 2022 and are in good academic and disciplinary standing can apply in the beginning of the Fall 2021 Semester by following the instructions below:
Interested in the T.A.L.O.N.S. student leadership position?
To learn more about this fun paid leadership position attend one (1) of our 5 upcoming TALONS Info Sessions! Only students who attend an info session will be able to apply.
Information Session Dates/Times:
- Wednesday September 22, 2021 @ 5:30pm in F207
- Thursday September 23, 2021 @ 4:30pm in F111
- Friday September 24, 2021 @ 3:30pm in F207
- Monday September 27, 2021 @ 10:00pm via Zoom
- Tuesday September 28, 2021 @ 4:30pm in B125
For more information please contact the Office of Student Transition Programs at email@example.com or by calling 609-626-3643