School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Welcome to the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (NAMS) at Stockton University. NAMS offers a rigorous, student-centered curriculum with emphasis on teaching and faculty-mentored student research.
Our faculty has a strong interdisciplinary interest coupled with a commitment to maintaining the strengths and standards of the traditional academic disciplines. Stockton presently grants almost 22% of all the science and mathematics undergraduate degrees among New Jersey's senior state colleges and universities. Stockton graduates in the sciences and mathematics have a high success rate in graduate and professional school admissions, as well as securing employment within their areas of study.
The Essential Elements e-zine
Make an Impact!
Your contributions enable us to offer innovative programs like the Student Spaceflight Experiments Program, fund faculty and students research, and educate future leaders in the sciences.
2019-2020 Governor's Class of STEM Scholars
The Governor’s STEM Scholars 2019-2020 application is now live (until Friday, June 14, 2019). This program is an innovative public-private partnership among the Research & Development Council of New Jersey, the New Jersey Office of the Governor, the New Jersey Department of Education, the New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, and private industries designed to provide high-achieving students in STEM in grades 10 through the doctoral level with an introduction to New Jersey’s vast STEM economy. Scholars attend four quarterly conference throughout the year which include introductions to STEM in government, STEM in academia, and STEM in industry, as well as complete a research project that is judged at the final commencement conference where a winner is announced. At the Commencement Conference, graduates of the program receive a diploma signed by the Governor.
Please visit the Governor’s STEM Scholars website (FAQs) and the attached GSS Snapshot for additional information. Furthermore, feel free to check out the NJ Monthly article published just last week: Can Jersey Keep Its Top STEM Students? The Governor's STEM Scholars program aims to make future grads aware of the state's diverse job opportunities.
NAMS in the News
- Stockton Receives Grants for Barnegat Bay Projects
- The 'Wild West' of Weed is Dying Out. Here's What's Replacing it
- Picture Stockton...Suiting Up for Science While Surf's Up
- Ingredient in whitening strips is harmful to deep layer of teeth, research says
- Recent whale sightings are result of whales following food source
- Stockton Signs MOU with Orsted U.S. Offshore Wind
- The 'raptor with wings' will have new homes along an N.J. highway
- Osprey nesting platforms dedicated along Atlantic City Expressway
- Deadline for course withdrawal with a W grade - June 13
- Session I ends - June 24
- Session III classes begin - June 26
- Drop/Add for Session III - June 26-28
- Session III Deadline for a 100% refund for dropping Session III courses - June 28
Awards and Recognition: