Jabber Phone Setup
Jabber Application Setup
The Cisco Jabber software will allow you to remotely access your desk phone from anywhere using your computer. Cisco Jabber is pre-configured for desktop and laptop computers, but can also be setup upon request on android and iOS mobile devices. To request mobile access to Jabber please call 609-652-4309 to speak to the ITS Help Desk.
- Open your web brwoser and visit: https://www.webex.com/downloads/jabber.html
- Select "Download for Windows"
- Once the download is complete, run the installer
- Accept and install
- Allow Jabber to make changes to your system, start checked and click finish.
- Enter your full Stockton University email address and click continue
- Authenticate with your Stockton GoPortal Credentials.
IMPORTANT: Prior to completeing the steps below, it is necessary to log into VPN via Cisco Connect application! If you need VPN access, please fill out our remote access form.
Open the Windows Start Menu. Type "Software Center" into the Windows Search Bar and then click on "Software Center" App.
Use the search bar in the upper left corner of the window to search for Jabber application and then click on it.
Select the Install option
Wait for the install to complete (~5 minutes), the status will change from available to installed once the install is complete.
IMPORTANT: If you need access to Jabber on a Stockton managed Apple computer please call the ITS Help Desk at 609-652-439 for assistance.
- Open your web browser and visit: https://www.webex.com/downloads/jabber.html
- Select "Download for MacOS"
- One the download is complete, open finder and navigate to your Downloads folder and
open the downloaded Jabber Package
- Select Continue
- Select Continue
- Select Agree
- Select Install
- Enter your personal computers administrative credentials to perform the install. Note,
this is the password that you use to access your personal computer and not your Stockton
- Select close to finish the install.
- Open finder, navigate to your Application folder, and locate the Cisco Jabber application.
- When prompted to login, enter your full formal email address (FirstName.LastName@stockton.edu), select continue.
- When prompted, enter your Stockton GoPortal Login credentials.
- When prompted, allow Jabber to interact with your audio settings.
- You will receive a prompt to allow Jabber to access your screen recording settings,
- When prompted, open your system preferences to change the screen recording settings
for the applicaiton.
- In the system preferences window that opens up, click on the pad lock icon in the
lower left corner of the window to unlock the settings. You will be prompted to re-enter
your personal computer credentials to change the computer settings. These are the
same credentials required by step 9.
- Check the box next to Cisco Jabber and then click back on the pad lock in the lower
left corner of the window to save the settings.
- Select the option to quit Jabber to continue.
The Jabber install will then be complete and available for use.
1.) Click the gear icon on the top right hand side of Jabber.
2.) Go through each setting and make sure the correct device is selected,
3.) Lasly, click "Okay" to save your device settings.
1.) Click on the dial button on the upper right hand column on the left half of the application.
2.)Dial your number with a 91 prior to any other numbers to dial out. Then, click the call icon.
3.) To mute yourself, click the icon highlighted in green to the left. If you would like to end the call, press the red "X" button on the right.