U.S. Team Application for the virtual National Model UN (NMUN) conference taking place Sunday 28 March - 1 April 2021
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY: This application is for anyone interested in attending the National Model UN (NMUN) virtual conference with Stockton Model UN. As of right now, there is NOT COST TO PARTICIPATE VIRTUALLY, as we have significantly reduced costs during COVID-19 and can make this opportunity available to a greater number of students, as a result.
The first round of applications are due at midnight on Monday November 23rd, followed by rolling acceptances through January 31, 2021. That means you can still submit after the initial deadline for a spot on our team. Please get your application in ASAP for acceptance to the team! Stockton does not yet have its country assignment, however the list of committees and topics can be found here.
Optional course credit: You can register for the 4-credit course “GSS 2635: UN Experience” in Spring 2021. This class is an asynchronous online course with NO designated meeting times, and students in this course can participate in the conference for credit or complete an alternate project. Please note in your application if you’re interested in registering for the course and you can register at any time. NOTE: Please register ASAP to make sure you get a spot, as they are filling quickly.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Conditions and Requirements to Apply:
- Attend ALL club meetings in Spring 2021, every Thursday at 4:30pm
- Complete and submit all assignments required by Stockton Model UN Head Delegates and Faculty Advisor (e.g., position papers, country background worksheets, draft speeches)
- Attend and participate in ALL club events in Spring 2020
- Participate at ALL conference-related events while traveling (a no tolerance policy)
- Follow NMUN Rules
- Follow code of conduct and dress code as described in the NMUN Delegate Guide
- Abide by Stockton University’s Code of Conduct and Bias Free rules and regulations