Pursuant to the United States Department of Education Program Integrity Rule, 34 C.F.R., 668.43(b), Stockton University must make available to all prospective and current students information regarding Stockton's accreditation and licensing. It also must make available contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor, state approval entity, and with any other state official or licensing entity.
Accreditation and Licensing
Stockton University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) at 1007 North Orange Street, 4th Floor, MB #166, Wilmington, DE 19801. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U. S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Complaints can be filed with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (see address above). A filing process can also be found at the following link: New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education.
Programmatic/Specialized Accrediting Agencies*
- American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
- American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (APTA-CAPTE)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association - (CAA-ASHA)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Commission on Accreditation (COA)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
*These accreditors are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Other Accreditors, Professional Associations and Certifying Agencies
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS) Endorsement for Academic Quality
- Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE) - formerly Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA)
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC)
- National Environmental Health Sciences & Protection Accreditation Council (EHAC)
- New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police (NJSACOP)