Message From CIO
Information Technology Services
Message From CIO
Welcome to Information Technology Services at Stockton University! The resources
within our website will lead you to a wide array of technological services that we
have made available to support teaching, learning, research and administration at
Stockton University. Information Technology Services operates under the direction
of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) who reports directly to the President and is
a member of the President's Cabinet.
Information Technology Services strives to support ubiquitous, integrated, and fully engaging learning experiences. We take a proactive and collaborative approach to deliver innovative, reliable, and sustainable technologies that optimize satisfaction and desired outcomes. Information Technology Services provides support to the entire University in the following major functional areas: Academic Computing, Administrative Computing, End-User Training and Support, Communications and Networking, and Systems Administration and Operation. Information Technology Services is a customer-centered, responsive organization that is highly regarded by faculty, students and staff at Stockton University.
In support of our mission, the intention of Information Technology Services is to support the operations of Stockton University in the following ways:
- enhance the existing technology infrastructure.
- explore and encourage the creative and innovative use of technology.
- deliver services and solutions that enable a quality user experience.
- increase effectiveness and efficiency through the use of technology.
- enhance technology support and accessibility for all users of our technology resources.
- align technological resources including equipment, personnel, and budget with institutional priorities and initiatives.
The entire team within Information Technology Services has several core values:
- Service Excellence - Being responsive, respectful and delivering needed solutions.
- Reliability - Utilizing robust technologies to satisfy our user base.
- Innovation - Advancing the state of technology within the University to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Security - Implementing measures and systems designed to securely protect and safeguard personal and institutional information.
In 2020, the Division of Information Tecnology Services management team and the Information Technology Advisory Board updated the IT Strategic Plan. The strategic plan guides the selection and prioritization of large-scale, institutional IT projects. Information Technology Services (ITS) maintains a portfolio of projects with input from each University division, the Information Technology Advisory Board, and the Faculty Senate standing committee on Information Technology and Media.
Collectively the Information Technology Services team is committed to providing first rate service and end-user satisfaction to the entire University community. As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions on how information technology can be improved.
Chief Information Officer