Freshman (First-Year) Students
International Student Admissions Application Requirements
International students are highly recommended to submit completed Admissions applications with all supported documents to Stockton by the deadlines below:
Fall Admission (September): July 15 (extended)
Spring Admission (January): November 15
Step I. Admission Applications (First-Year applicant)
Students who have not yet graduated high school are considered FIRST-YEAR APPLICANTS regardless of how many college credits may have been earned. If you have graduated high school and are currently in your first semester of college, you are considered a transfer and must file the Transfer Application.
Submit the Online Discover Stockton Application with a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- From British-patterned systems: School marks, records and testimonials, certified true copies of original school certificates,
diplomas, GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels, or local equivalent such as West African School
Certificate, Hong Kong Certificate of Education, etc.
- If you sat for examinations within the past year and the results are not yet available, a certified copy of your individual results notice should be submitted. NOTE: A statement of these results from your secondary school is NOT acceptable.
- From other internationally-patterned systems: An evaluation and US equivalency report of all secondary school grade reports, mark
sheets, diplomas, certificates or examination results which indicate completion of
present studies, specific subjects studied, and the marks or results received. We
recommend using one of the following agency:
- World Education Services (WES)
- if you use WES, order the Document-by-Document Report
- Education Credential Evaluators (ECE)
- if you use ECE, order the General Report with Grade Average
- if you use SpanTran, order the Course Analysis (Course by Course) Report
- SpanTran Pathways - Stockton University
- World Education Services (WES)
If your credentials do not specify exactly which subjects you studied and for how long, you must supply this information with your application.
Standardized language test scores such as Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System's (IELTS) scores must be submitted by students from non-English speaking countries.Country Exemptions
All others applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a test report as well to increase their chances of admission.
Stockton’s TOEFL Institution Code: 2889.
Overall band score of 6.5
Pearson Test of English (PTE):
PTE Academic overall score of 58
English Language Center (ELS):
ELS Intensive English level 112
Proof of English proficiency are not required if:
- Applicants have attended in U.S. regionally-accredited institutions inside or outside the U.S. where English is the only medium of instruction and where the students successfully complete (College) English Composition I, II with grades of a 'B' or above (not English as a Second Language, not English for Foreign Students courses, etc.);
- Applicants have graduated from a secondary/high school where English was the only medium of instruction with either one of the following:
- a U.S. regionally-accredited high schools diploma
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma
For those students coming from English speaking countries (where English is the only medium of instruction), or who are applying for one of the programs listed below, standardized test scores must be sent to Stockton directly from the College Board or ACT.
- Accelerated Medical dual degree (Pre-Med)
- Pharmaceutical Engineering dual degree
Please visit our Academic Schools & Programs page to see all programs offered.
One to two recommendation letters from your secondary school counselor(s) are recommended for freshman applicants.
All application materials, forms and supporting documents must be completed in English and mailed to:
101 Vera King Farris Drive,
Galloway, NJ 08205
Step II. Application for I-20
We highly encourage our prospective students complete the Application for I-20 after submitting their admissions application. Stockton will process your application upon academic acceptance and evidence of financial support from your sponsor(s).