Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


From the point the Admissions Office receives your application and all of your supporting material, (such as official transcripts) it usually takes about two weeks. We notify you of your decision by email or mail.  You may also check your Stockton online application for updates.

As soon as you apply. We cannot admit you without your official transcript(s). If you are currently taking classes, be sure to follow up with a second transcript once the semester ends so we can 'capture' those credits as well. Paper transcripts and other academic material should be sent to:

Office of Admissions
Stockton University

101 Vera King Farris Drive 
Galloway, NJ 08205

Unfortunately, no. Transcripts must be official, either mailed or sent electronically directly from all previous colleges/universities you've attended within the US. If transferring from outside the US, the transcripts must be evaluated by one of the approved agency:

Please note: From the point you order your transcript, it usually takes a week to ten days for us to receive it, even if sent electronically.

A link or instruction to the online housing applications is sent to all admitted students in their acceptance packet. Any questions you may have about student housing options and policies, as well as housing staff contact information, can be found at  We work closely with our Residential Life Office to help our international students getting housing assignment.
Applicants for the fall semester will receive a response after May 1. Applicants for spring semester will receive a response the first week of January. New first-year freshmen or transfer students will receive their housing assignment around or after the date of their Orientation.
Yes. Accepted freshmen are considered for merit scholarships based on class rank/GPA and SAT/ACT scores. Accepted transfer students are considered for scholarships based on previous college performance. Stockton Foundation Scholarships reward returning students based on academic merit at Stockton (available to apply after one semester at Stockton). There is no separate scholarship application. If you are awarded a scholarship, notification will be sent in your acceptance packet. More information about the merit-based scholarship can be found here.
A credit evaluation will be sent to you shortly after you receive your acceptance notification. It will show you exactly what coursework has been satisfied here at Stockton and what you will still need to take in order to earn your chosen degree(s).  Please contact your designated Admissions officer for details.
If you are a high school graduate (or GED holder) and you have attended a college or university, you are a transfer student. Depending on how many credits you've earned, however, there will be a slight difference in what material Admission will ask for in order to make a decision on your application. Please refer to the application instructions for details.

International students will be charged for out-of-states tuition & fees. Please visit the Cost of Attendance page or use the Bill Estimator to get an estimated cost of attendance based on your housing and meal preference. Keep it in mind, international students are required to enroll full-time (minimum of 12 credits per semester for undergraduate programs, and 9 credits for graduate programs.) You must see an DSO from Stockton for exception to this rule before you take a reduced course load.

We highly suggest our prospective students complete the Application for I-20 after submitting their admissions application. The Office of Admissions will process your application upon academic acceptance and evidence of financial support from your sponsor(s).

If you receive an I-20 (see a sample) from Stockton, you will be applying for an F visa;

If you receive a DS-2019 (see a samplefrom Stockton, you will be applying for a J visa.

  • India Karavackas
    Director of Global Engagement - DSO/RO
    609-626-3537 | Office F 101-k
  • Yibin Feng
    International Student Advisor - DSO/ARO
    609-626-5532 | Office F 101-q
  • Natalja Manger
    Study Abroad & Int'l Student Advisor - DSO/ARO
    609-626-3596 | Office F 101-p
  • Jessica Grullon 
    Assistant Director, Admissions - DSO
    609-652-4833 | Office CC-101L
  • Alison Henry
    Director, Admissions - DSO 
    609-652-4831 | Office CC-101
  • AmyBeth Glass 
    Director, Graduate Studies - DSO
    609-626-3640 | Office F-101E
  • Evangelos Vasilakis 
    PPS, Office of the Registrar - DSO
    609-652-3582 | Office CC-203L
  • Joseph LoSasso 
    Registrar, Office of the Registrar - PDSO
    609-652-4235 | Office CC-203P
  • Employment opportunities in the U.S. (on-campus and off-campus)
  • Requesting CPT/OPT or Academic Training
  • Applying for a New Jersey driver’s license
  • Applying for a Social Security number (SSN)
  • Changing your major, program, or degree level (e.g. from Bachelor to Master's)
  • Transferring to/from a new school as an F-1/J-1 student
  • Being absent from classes or taking a vacation during the semester
  • Requesting approval for reduced course load (RCL)
  • Traveling outside the U.S.
  • Changing your U.S. address
  • Changing your name
  • Requesting a program extension before your program end date

For additional questions about transfer students, please check here.

Couldn't find answers for your questions? Please contact us at