Stockton Donates 230 Care Packages to Rescue Mission
Galloway, N.J.- A Stockton University social work student’s community service project is providing more than 230 care packages to the Atlantic City Rescue Mission.
Calli Votta, a Master of Social Work (MSW) student from Egg Harbor Township, worked with the Student Success Scholars Program and the MSW Alliance to advertise the project and collect donations of hygiene products, clothing, nonperishable foods, and other necessities.
She said she chose the Rescue Mission because it was a local organization that needed assistance to help others.
“Homelessness can happen to anyone,” Votta said. “It is our job to help every human being we can together. Make the change. Be the change.”
Donors for the project include:
- Atlantic County community members
- Greenlife Energy Solutions
- Susan Davenport
- Office of the President
- Office of General Counsel
- Master of Social Work (MSW) Alliance
- Stockton’s Student Success Scholars Program
- Stockton’s Graduate Physical Therapy Club
- Stockton’s faculty members and students
- Story by Loukaia Taylor
- Photo by Diane D'Amico