Six Alumni Honored at Recognition Dinner
Galloway, N.J. _ Six Stockton University alumni were honored at the Alumni Achievement Awards & Volunteer Recognition ceremony Oct. 10 as part of University Weekend celebrations.
Hosted by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, more than 75 alumni and their families attended the event, which also recognized all alumni volunteers and previous Atlantic City Weekly Top 40 Under 40 winners.
“The Alumni Achievement Awards provide an opportunity to recognize our best and brightest alumni,” said Sara Faurot, director of Alumni Relations at Stockton. “We’re proud to have such highly engaged alumni who are dedicated to the betterment of Stockton and their communities.”
Terry King ‘96, captain of Detectives at the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office, was among the six alumni honorees and the winner of the Professional Achievement Award – presented to graduates who have gained distinction in their chosen field or profession.
“I am so humbled and honored to be recognized by Stockton” said King. “This is just an awesome event and I am proud to be a part of it.”
Also recognized for their outstanding accomplishments:
- Carl Archut Jr. ’16 – Outstanding Young Alumni Award – Archut is the associate Director of Development for University Initiatives at the University of Florida
- Danielle Corso ’08 – Alumni Impact Award – Danielle is the executive director of David’s Dream & Believe.
- Melissa McCooley ’98 and Lucas McCooley ’06 – Presidential Service Award – Melissa is the superintendent of the Little Egg Harbor and Pinelands Regional School Districts, while Lucas is the founding partner of Pinelands Brewing Co.
- Tracy Thompson ’94 – Office of Development & Alumni Relations Volunteer Award – Thompson is an entrepreneur and owner of Millennium Cuts & Beauty Salon and One Love Entertainment among other impressive accomplishments.
- Daniel Fidalgo Tomé – Campus Partner Award – Tomé, director of Service Learning at Stockton University, accepted this award on behalf of the Office of Service Learning. This award is presented to campus partners who recognize and value Stockton alumni and utilize them as ambassadors for their own programs.
“These individuals are an incredible representation of our Stockton alumni family,” said Faurot. “We’re honored to celebrate their achievements.”
_ Reported by Alexandra Sandberg
# # #