Stockton Center on Successful Aging Presents ‘Find, Get and Keep the Job You Want’
For Immediate Release
Contact: Christina Butterfield
News and Media Relations
Galloway, NJ 08205
Galloway, NJ – The Stockton Center on Successful Aging is sponsoring a free, four- session workshop, “Find, Get and Keep the Job You Want: A New Environment Calls for New Strategies,” for older adults at the university’s Kramer Hall instructional site, 30 Front St., Hammonton, N.J.
Attendees must attend all four sessions, which will take place on Wednesdays, Jan. 25, Feb. 1, 8, and 15, 2017 from 12 - 2 p.m. Michael Kuhlman, formerly with the National Council on Aging, will facilitate the workshops.
The workshops will take participants through the SELFIE (Self-Empowering Learning for Innovative Enlightenment) model that Kuhlman created, including how to:
- Identify and overcome obstacles that keep one from finding the right job;
- Discover personal and professional strengths and find a competitive edge in this changing work environment;
- Learn what community employers need and want in their employees;
- Develop strategies for a successful presentation, from creating a resume to a final job interview;
- Practice new presentation skills on a group of peers and benefit from their objective critiques, while learning about the competition.