Jack Mazzeo, Master Photographer, will teach you how to use your digital camera. He has developed a three-part series for each level of student: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Each level consists of two evenings in the classroom and one Saturday morning at Mazzeo Studios. Learn to create photographic images that tell a story, capture a moment, or even promote a product. Digital camera required.
- Learn the fundamentals to use a digital camera
- Some important information about the history of photography
- Learn the difference between f.stops and shutter speeds and how they complement each other
- Digital file keeping
- Explaining depth of field in relationship to different lenses
- Advanced techniques using exposure to achieve different photo effects
- Demonstration of shutter speeds and aperture controls
- Use of additional strobe lighting
- Composition and point of interest subject matter in the photo
- Use of natural lighting indoors and outdoors
Dates: 3 part series
• Tuesday, August 20
• Thursday, August 22
• Saturday, August 24
• Tuesday & Thursday: 6 - 8 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m.- Noon
Stockton University, Hammonton, NJ: Tuesday, August 20 & Thursday, August 22
Mazzeo Studios, Hammonton, NJ: Saturday, August 24
- Enhancing photos by retouching and color correcting
- Advanced lighting techniques by using and subtractive lighting
- Lighting ratios
- Posing of the face and body to show a person’s best features
- The advanced class will be photographing models.
Jack Mazzeo was born into the business of professional photography. He has the distinction of owning and managing the oldest continuously operating studio in the state of New Jersey, established in 1946 by his father John W. Mazzeo. Jack’s specialty is fine portraits of families and seniors. He is one of the elite few who hold the title of Master of Photography in this part of the country. Jack has been inspiring photographers for years to develop their creative ability and to advance the art of their profession. He has spoken at seminars and conferences around the state and continues to hold workshops instructing in lighting, posing and technique. His work has been displayed in exhibits at Professional Photographers Conventions around the country and in Korea. He has been named, Mr. Professional Photographer, by the state of New Jersey and has received the prestigious, National Merit Award by The Professional Photographer of America.
Hammonton Campus- Kramer Hall
30 Front Street
Hammonton, NJ 08037
Hammonton, NJ 08037
Owner of Mazzeo Studio