Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
What is Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)? MBSR is based on mindfulness meditation. Mindfulness is an inherent form of intelligence
that we can develop and apply to many areas of life. It can help reduce stress and
its harmful effects and improve the quality of our lives. Mindfulness meditation helps
you develop insight, clarity, and balance bringing you more freedom, connection, and
Both offerings are instructed by: Edward Smith, LMT
Questions regarding course content, contact Edward Smith at 609-204-6959.
About the MBSR Course:
- 8 weekly classes
- A one-day retreat
- Instruction and guided experiences in mindfulness meditation
- Gentle mindful yoga
- Group dialogue, mindful communication
- Home assignments to enhance your learning experience
- A workbook and CDs with guided meditation and yoga
*The first and last class may run 1/2 hour later.
About the Instructor: Edward Smith has been practicing and studying body-mind-spirit disciplines since 1972. He has been teaching yoga and meditation since 1979. In 1987 he started practicing therapeutic massage. Over the past 28 years he has completed countless hours of training in Neuro Muscular, Myofascial, Reiki, Thai Yoga Massage, Hypnotherapy, and more. He founded, directed, and taught at his private vocational School for Massage Therapy and Healing Arts Center for 20 years.
Ed immersed himself in Mindfulness Meditation in 1990 and began teaching in 1993. He has taught many classes and retreats. Practicing and teaching mindfulness is a passion he brings to all areas of his life.
The highly trained and experienced instructor will create a safe supportive environment
for deeply experiential learning.
This course may be challenging. It requires a commitment to yourself. You are asked to fully participate by attending all classes, doing home practice, and assignments.
Having trouble registering? Call (609) 652-4227
Fall 2019 Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Thursdays, September 26 – November 21, 2019
6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 3, 2019
10:00 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
101 Vera King Farris Dr.
Galloway, NJ 08205
Stockton Alumni, Students, Faculty, and Staff Cost:
Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga Retreat
Sunday, September 29, 2019
Board of Trustees Room (BOT)
This course may help many conditions including:
- Stress reduction, burnout, chronic busyness, high blood pressure
- GI problems, chronic pain, cancer, asthma, headaches, depression, anxiety, panic sleep problems, fibromyalgia, heart disease
- Addiction, immunity, weight loss, balancing the nervous system, better grades, emotional intelligence
- Being more mindful in everyday life helps us make wiser choices
- Being less judgmental, bringing peace, better communication
Read Mindfulness-Based Interventions: A Brief Review of Their Application to Graduate Student
Strain by Enrique Cabrera-Caban, Rebecca Garden, Arianna White, and Katelyn Reynoldson of
Old Dominion University. This informative article is focused on the effectiveness
of mindfulness on graduate students and the findings can be applied to most professionals.