Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Galloway, N.J. – The Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Center has planned several events through April to highlight Sexual Assault Awareness Month at Stockton University.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month, also known as SAAM, is an annual nationwide campaign to raise public awareness about sexual assault and educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence.
The events include:
- 12-3 p.m. - Coloring Tabling, Lower E-Wing Gallery. Stop by to color SAAM-related coloring pages while learning more info about sexual assault.
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. - SAAM Chalk Out, D/F Wing Plaza/Circle. Students can write sexual assault statistics/resources on sidewalks.
- 12-4 p.m. - RAINN fundraising, tabling, CC Food Court. Tabling with teal tattoos, hair chalk and nail paint trivia wheel with prizes
- 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Survivor Symposium, Meeting Room 5. WGSC is partnering with Dr. Ethan Levine's Criminalized Sexualities & Sex Crimes class to provide informational sessions related to issues of interpersonal violence.
- 12-3 p.m. - Color Tabling, Lower E-Wing Gallery. Stop by to color SAAM-related coloring pages while learning more info about sexual assault.
- 6 p.m. - Rape Myths in Latinx Cultures, CC Board of Trustees Room. Panel discussion of rape culture in the Latinx community with panelist from Los Latinos Unidos, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc
- 5 p.m.- Healing Out Loud from Abuse and Sexual Violence, Campus Center Theater and Gallery. An evening of performance and art with Jungle Flower. Free buffet, mocktails, Osprey Advantage credits and giveaways!
- 2 p.m. Sextortion Panel, via Zoom. Sextortion: Who you know, who you don’t know, who you know online (and what you can do about it).
This panel discussion will include:
Demetrios Roubos, Information Security Officer, Information Technology Services
Seth Richards, Associate Director, Office of Student Conduct
Teresa Barone, Assistant Director, Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Center
Detective Ro Latoracca (Retired), Galloway Police Department, Stockton’s Clery Compliance Officer, Campus Police and Safety
Moderator, Laurie Dutton, Director, Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Center
12-3 p.m., Coloring Tabling, Lower E-Wing Gallery. Stop by to color SAAM-related coloring pages while learning more info about Sexual Assault
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. SAAM Chalk Out, D/F Wing Plaza/Circle. Come write sexual assault statistics/resources on sidewalks
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. What Were You Wearing? Lower E-Wing Gallery. Display of outfits worn during victims' sexual assaults
For more information, contact The Women’s Gender & Sexuality Center at Stockton at 609-626-3611