Cannabis Career Fair and Business Expo
Galloway, N.J. – Stockton University in partnership with NJ Cannabis Insider and the New Jersey CannaBusiness Association (NJCBA) will host a Cannabis Career Fair and Business Expo from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday April 5 at the Campus Center.
The schedule includes:
9:30 a.m. - Registration
10:00 a.m. – Welcome + Vendor Intro
10:30 a.m. - Keynote | Scott Rudder, President Emeritus and Founder, NJCBA
10:45 a.m. – Brett Goldman | It all Starts With A Plant
11:15 a.m. – Employer Exhibit/CannaTalk Sessions
12:30 p.m. – Cannabis Opportunities: From the classroom to the workplace
1:15 p.m. – Lunch Break and Employer Exhibit
2:30 p.m. – The Green Rush: Opportunities for Ancillary Businesses
3:15 p.m. – Employer Exhibit, CannaTalk Sessions
Business CannaTalk Sessions (30-minute discussions on niche topics and take place at the same time as the employer exhibits):
11:20 a.m.- Fail Fest – Learning from mistakes.
11:55 a.m. - Resources for getting into the business.
1:55 p.m. - Hemp + CBD
3:20 p.m. - What’s next: Hospitality + Consumption Lounges
3:55 p.m. - All Things Edibles
Featured speakers include:
- Kash McKinley, Director of Constituent Services, Atlantic City
- Mike Scaffidi, Community Outreach Coordinator for Curaleaf
- Faye Coleman, Pure Genesis
- Jill Cohen, The CannaBoss Lady
- Alexia Grillos, Senior Undergraduate Student at Stockton University
- Hector Corchado, former Deputy Mayor and Councilman in Newark, retired law enforcement professional
- Tara “Misu” Sarente, CEO Blazin’ Bakery
- Jason Thomas, Precision Quality & Compliance (PQC)
- Brett Goldman, Partner at OCan Group
- RuthElla Swing, Human Resources Business Partner at TerrAscend NJ
- Awilda Navarro, HR Business Partner, Ascend Wellness
Companies that will be represented include:
- The Botanist - They listen and help guide patients and consumers as they discover cannabis and the power of herbal wellness.
- ATH NJ – New Jersey Cannabis Cultivation & Manufacturing with a mission is to become a NJ licensed cannabis cultivation company.
- HBK CPA - a multidisciplinary financial services firm.
- Columbia Care - a multi-state operator in the medical cannabis industry, with licenses in 15 jurisdictions in the U.S. and the EU.
- Puffin – developing a leading, all-on-one, high quality cannabis environment with stores that promote customer service and are inclusive and socially conscious to all.
- TerrAscend – A leading North American cannabis operator with vertically integrated operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Michigan and California
- NJ Cannabis Certified - provides training for all entry level jobs in the cannabis industry, including dispensary training and entry level cultivation and lab technician training.
- Earth & Ivy – A New Jersey based company built by former Ivy League, Division I student athletes with a mission to create a safe retail environment for cannabis education.
- New Jersey Cannabis Trade Association (NJCTA) – An association representing the Alternative Treatment Centers in New Jersey’s Medicinal Marijuana Program.
- LongviewStrategic – Provides advisory services and industry insights to public, private and not-for-profit entities throughout the country
- Reliance Compliance LLC - A full service cannabis compliance consulting company.
Michael Hoffman Esq. and Chirali Patel of Blaze Responsibly will be on site processing expungements and giving free legal advice.
Stockton University offers an interdisciplinary minor in Cannabis Studies which gives students a foundation for understanding the burgeoning cannabis industry. An online Cannabis Studies Certificate gives those interested in the industry the fundamental skills they need to be successful. Stockton’s Cannabis & Hemp Initiative will research hemp cultivation and develop lab testing.
“As an institution of higher education, Stockton University has been at the forefront of preparing our students to enter this new industry,” said Ekaterina Sedia, professor of Biology and coordinator of Minor in Cannabis Studies at Stockton. “It is our responsibility as educators to ensure that our students have a wide knowledge base to prepare them for the ever-changing world, but also to give them enough skills to take advantage of novel employment opportunities.”
The event is free for students, $99 for industry professionals. Students are required to upload a valid photo of their student ID to attend. To register, go to https://events.nj.com/careerfair/1845223
Participants should bring copies of their resumes and dress to impress. Free professional headshot photos will be offered by Columbia Care for your LinkedIn profile.
Visitors to Stockton University should register their vehicles at Galloway Campus Parking - Visitors & Guests - Parking & Transportation | Stockton University