The Council of Black Faculty and Staff of Stockton University has been established to act as a body to foster communication among the Stockton Community and State concerning the voice and position of minority personnel and students at Stockton. Our range of responsibilities include the following aims although others may emerge from our experiences.
- To participate in the recruitment and hiring of Minority Faculty and Staff through the observance of the Affirmative Action process.
- To install a greater institutional commitment in the recruitment of minority students.
- To foster an atmosphere which is free of racial tension so that minorities can become actively involved in the total college community and collegial process.
- To actively support the well-being of minority students to insure the attainment of their academic objectives; to act as a resource group for advising and counseling minority students in all areas in campus life.
- To provide for active participation of minority personnel in the formulation of college policy and procedure.