Cannabis & Hemp Research Initiative at Stockton (CHRIS)
The Cannabis & Hemp Research Initiative at Stockton (CHRIS) provides cannabis and hemp education, research, and resources for local and national markets.
Our mission is to conduct agricultural and non-medical cannabis and hemp research, leverage our scientific expertise to develop a testing laboratory and provide opportunities for community engagement and education.
CHRIS demonstrates Stockton’s commitment to cannabis education by:
- Offering quarterly hemp and cannabis industry relevant panels
- Hosting an annual Cannabis Curriculum Convening to bring together a myriad of cannabis educators from other educational institutions
- Housing helpful cannabis education artifacts, articles, and links to reliable sources on our website
- Arranging educational seminars and interactive events in our fields and greenhouses
- Partnering with like minded businesses and organizations to conduct research projects, to educate the public, and train the post prison population to work in the hemp or cannabis industries
- Collaborating with our Continuing Education Department to continue to develop and update cutting-edge cannabis curriculum leading to a Stockton University Cannabis Certification
As one of the first universities to offer a Minor in Cannabis Studies, CHRIS further cements our commitment to the development of an educated, motivated, diverse, equity-based cannabis and hemp workforce.
Quarterly Cannabis Education Panel
June 1, 2021
Cannabis 101: Definitions, Terms, and General Q&A
This session is especially relevant to those who are new to cannabis or who would like to expand their knowledge and understanding of cannabis.