Apply for the ELSP
The Engelberg Leadership Scholarship is a three-year scholarship, open to all rising
sophomores (or transfer students during their first year on campus), with a strong
preference for students from Atlantic City and/or those who have graduated from Atlantic
City High School.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be enrolled full time at Stockton University.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.8 or higher.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have an established record of extra-curricular activity that illustrates leadership
and entrepreneurial potential. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Positions of student leadership (such as class officer or Student Senate);
- A record of sustained community service and/or;
- Appreciable work experience (illustrating the ability to successfully balance academic undertakings and professional development);
- Experience in local, community, or nonprofit governance;
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Each applicant will submit a personal statement of between 800 and 1,000 words which
addresses the following:
- Personal and professional goals: Let the committee know who you are and what you want to achieve.
- Reasons for choosing Stockton: Why did you choose to attend Stockton? What has your experience been like thus far?
- Commitment to Atlantic City: Why do you care about Atlantic City? What role do you want to play in the city’s future?
- Each applicant must also submit two personal references. References should be able
to speak to the applicant’s personal or academic success, community service, or some
other area of the applicant’s achievements.
- One Stockton faculty or staff member: Choose a person you have made a connection with.
- Someone who can tell the committee more about you: An employer, mentor, high school teacher or counselor, religious leader, etc.
- Submit your materials via the online application form.
- Selected students will be asked to interview with a selection committee on campus soon after applications are submitted.