Nuestro Pueblo Awards
Captioned: 2019 Nuestro Pueblo Awards honorees with HAAC and Unidos Executive Board Members.
2021 Nuestro Pueblo Awards - A Night in Old San Juan!
Saturday, October 9, 2021
6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Stockton University Atlantic City, John F. Scarpa Academic Center
Fannie Lou Hamer Event Room | 3711 Atlantic Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ
Please RSVP by September 25, 2021.
Tickets are $75 per person. Tropical Cocktail Attire. Ticket includes two drink tickets, hors d'oeuvres, and dance! Net proceeds will benefit the Unidos and HAAC scholarship funds.
Corporate sponsorship opportunities and advertisements for the program book are available!
To view the 2019 Nuestro Pueblo Award honorees, click here.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Mission of the Nuestro Pueblo Awards celebration is to promote community involvement and advancement of our Hispanic cultural heritage by recognizing individuals and/or organizations that are making a difference in "Nuestro Pueblo" (our community).
As two organizations who depend 100% on the contributions of our paid memberships, local businesses and organizations, we hope you will ensure this event is truly memorable for our Latino/a community by becoming a sponsor. We would greatly appreciate your generous support in the form of ticket purchases, sponsorships and the donation of goods and/or services. .The deadline for your contribution and to place an ad in the program book is Friday, September 24, 2021. To donate, please click here.
2021 NUESTRO PUEBLO AWARDS HONOREES
- Arts and Entertainment – Mr. Mike Lopez, AC Mike Show
- Community Service– Mr. Luis Rodriguez, La Casa Dominicana
- Education– Mrs. Yasnaya Lorick, Sovereign Ave School
- Entrepreneurship – Mr. Elvis Cadavid, Vagabond Kitchen & Tap House
- Future Leader – Ms. Jetzaly Medina, Stockton University Engelberg Scholar
- Healthcare – Ms. Jenny Hernandez- ALMA Atlanticare
- Nuestro "Amigo/a" – Mr. David Vinokurov, South Jersey Gas
- Organizational "Amigo/a” – Atlantic Cape Community College Public Service
- Public Service – Lieutenant Wilber Santiago, ACPD
- STEM – Mr. Kirby Ortiz, Stockton University Information Technology Services
2023 NUESTRO PUEBLO SPONSORS
1. Nominee(s) do not have to be Unidos or HAAC members to be eligible. Board members
are not eligible for nominations.
2. Within each category, nominees must have evidenced demonstrable involvement and service to the Hispanic community
3. Nominee(s) for the Future Leader award must be in High School or has recently graduated, be of Hispanic heritage and has demonstrated excellence both in and outside of the classroom and in his/her community.
4. Nominee(s) agree to allow Stockton University's Unidos and HAAC the right to use their award winning status publicly on public and private media platforms including their photograph and biography.
5. Nominee(s) agree to be present at the Nuestro Pueblo Awards event in order to receive their Award.
Nuestro Pueblo Awards is a celebration of the achievements of those who have made an impact in our Latino/a community.
Proceeds will go to a scholarship fund for the UNIDOS organization and the Hispanic Association of Atlantic County (HAAC).
Yes, purchase your ticket online here. To mail your check/money order:
Development and Alumni Relations
ATTN: UNIDOS EVENT
101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway, NJ 08205
Yes, you may pay at the door. Although we welcome cash, we prefer check, and/or debit/credit cards.
If you have pre-registered, we will have a list but you can also present it in digital form from your phone.
Click here for information on how to become a corporate sponsor.
Only UNIDOS and HAAC members are able to submit nominations. The nomination ballot and criteria was provided to each member.
Yes, you can nominate yourself if you are not a board member and a paid member of either UNIDOS or HAAC.
Due to current public health conditions related to COVID-19, Stockton has reinstated a mask requirement for everyone, regardless of vaccination status. Therefore, all visitors must wear a mask and fill out the Visitor/Attendee Health and Safety Pledge. Masks will be provided at the door. Please review our campus safety protocols.
There are plenty of public parking spaces surrounding the vicinity. We encourage guests to park in the Scarpa Center Parking Lot or the South Jersey Gas Parking Garage. If you park in the garage, we will validate your ticket at the Security Desk in the Scarpa Center.