Days of Service Events
- 6 “Day of Service” Events were hosted /co-hosted by the Office of Service-Learning
- Over 1,700 Volunteers participated in 100 service projects and 7,000 hours of service
- Service Projects implemented on all Stockton Instructional Sites throughout MLK Day of Service
- The “Fall” and “MLK” Days of Service celebrated their 12th anniversary
MLK Day of Service flickr album
Day of Service 2014 flickr album
- These “seed days” give our students an opportunity to better understand the work our community partners do and give them “a get their hands in the dirt approach” on experience before jumping forward into their semester long service-learning projects.
Faculty and Community Partners
- Faculty and Community Partners Reflection
- At the end of each semester, the Office of Service-Learning hosts an event focused on the relationship between the community partners and faculty members.
- These events allow for networking, needs assessments, project development, and formal reflection of service-learning process.
- Community partners and faculty walk away with new service-learning projects and direction for the following semester as well as enhance their out of classroom relationship.
- Students in Service-Learning projects worked with 160 Community Partners - primarily in Atlantic and Ocean Counties