Admitted Students

Office of Global Engagement conducts a comprehensive orientation for all new international students every fall and spring semester. This mandatory orientation aims to prepare international students for a smooth and successful transition in studying and living in the U.S. and at Stockton University. 

Detailed schedule will be shared with you soon after you receive your official admission acceptance.

If you have any questions, please contact  


Congratulations on your admittance to Stockton University!  We welcome you to the United States of America!  You may now apply for your I-20 by following the instructions below.

Below please find useful information pertaining to admitted international students:

1.0 Application for I-20

In order for Stockton University to issue a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status (Form I-20), the applicant and sponsor(s) must read and follow the instructions accurately. Stockton University is required by the Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to collect evidence that the applicant will have sufficient funds while studying in the US.

1.1International Student Transfer Form (for Transfer Students within the US only)

When an F-1 student begins full-time studies at a new school, the student’s SEVIS record must be transferred to that new school, so the student’s original SEVIS ID and history is maintained in SEVIS.

F-1 Transfer students from another SEVP certified institutions within the US must complete the International Student Transfer Form in order for Stockton to issue the I-20.

2.0 Affidavit of Support

This document shows the source of the funds you intend to use to fund your education. Each sponsor should fill out an affidavit completely, sign and date it. 
If the student is using his/her own money, he/she should fill out the affidavit and indicate that they will be supporting themselves. An official seal from a bank or notary public must be affixed in order for the document to be valid. All affidavits must be in English and funds must be indicated in US currency.

Bank statement(s) with enough funding to cover your educational and personal expenses must be provided. The official bank statement (or letter on official letterhead) must be:

  • in the sponsor’s name (or the student’s),
  • in English
  • in US Dollar, if available (NOT statements such as “The sponsor has sufficient funds”)
  • less than six months old, with most recent balance

Acceptable documents include letters from employers verifying annual income in US dollars and/or copies of income tax forms. 
NOT Acceptabledocuments: proof of property ownership, income from investments, financial documents from another international student or scholar.

3.0 Sponsor's Affidavit for Room and Board 

If a sponsor in the US will be providing free room and meals while the student studies at Stockton, the sponsor must sign a statement declaring they will provide free room and board.
Otherwise, a student must apply for Stockton University Housing and pay the $150 housing deposit.

4.0Additional Important Documents

Documents not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translation. Since we cannot guarantee the return of any credentials submitted in support of your application, we suggest that you supply certified true copies of any document that is irreplaceable.  A certified true copy of a document is a photocopy made from an original document, upon which an educational or consular official has affixed his/her signature and official seal, and has indicated that it is an attested true copy of the original document.

All application materials, forms and supplemental materials must be completed in English and sent to:

Stockton University
Office of Global Engagement
101 Vera King Farris Drive,
Galloway, NJ 08205

Attn: International Admissions


To confirm your enrollment, please complete and send the Enrollment Confirmation form in your Stockton Official Acceptance package along with the $250 Enrollment Deposit. Do not send cash. If paying by check or money order, please make payable to: Stockton University.

The Enrollment Deposit may be paid securely online by credit card or electronic check (electronic check option is available for U.S. bank accounts only) via your goStockton portal. If paying by credit card or electronic check, please also complete and return the form to Stockton University, Office of Admissions.

The Enrollment Deposit reserves a place for you in the enrolled academic term. The deposit is nonrefundable and nontransferable, but will be credited to your tuition once you register for classes.

The $250 Enrollment Deposit is due in the Office of Admissions as soon as possible, but no later than: 

  • December 1 for Spring semester
  • May 1 for Fall semester

Once you made your enrollment deposit, you will be invited for Orientation and registration day. Orientation days are held in the summer for fall entrance and in mid-January for spring entrance. You will meet members of Stockton staff, administration, faculty and students, as well as your faculty preceptor (advisor) who will help you select your courses. See more information about the New Student Orientation here

This is a mandatory orientation for all F and J visa students.

  • International Student Orientation (Mandatory) Spring 2023: 01/13/2023
  • International Student Orientation (Mandatory) Fall 2023: 08/31/2022
  • International Student Orientation (Mandatory) Spring 2024: 01/12/2024

See full academic calendars here.

FRESHMEN Welcome Week Programs are scheduled for the few days before classes begin. A combination of mandatory and optional programs are offered. Mandatory programs are for both Residential and Commuting Students. Student's over the age of 25 will receive an invitation to an abridged welcome program taking place during the first week of class.

For questions regarding Orientation dates, please contact the Office of Admissions at 609-652-4261 or toll-free at 1-866-772-2885.

Once you receive your I-20 and supplemental documents from Stockton, please visit the Pre-Departure page for more useful information such as applying for you F-1/J-1 visa, health services and insurance.