Meet this month's Bird's-Eye View
Leslie Jespersen '11
B.A. in Communications Studies
Founder, President, CEO of Marsolluna Media & Marketing, LLC aka "Marsolluna + Co"
HOBBIES: Beach days, concerts, traveling, festivals...bonus if I'm not actually working while doing one of these things :)
- How did your Stockton experience influence your life?I was empowered to finish my degree at my pace and get the full experience, while still maintaining my family life and working. If it weren't for my son being able to attend Free To Be, I never would have been able to finish school. My career has flourished thanks to the maintained relationships with my professors after I graduated.
- How did your academic program impact your Stockton experience and career?
My major was broad enough that I got a taste of several different aspects of the Communications field, and therefore I can offer a wide variety of services to my clients now. I was able to figure out what I really enjoy and how to focus my efforts after graduation.
- Describe your favorite Stockton memory as a student. (Ex: favorite professors, classes, events, activities, etc.)
I loved that my major cultivated a close, tight-knit group of classmates. I met my best friend in class and not only did we end up staying close as friends, but we worked together for a while too after college. I'm lucky that I have a friend who had the same education and work experiences to go through life with. We even did some guest speaking in our former professors' classes together!
- Describe your top reason for staying connected and involved with Stockton and your fellow Ospreys.
The Communications field is a particularly tough one in this area. It's crucial to stay connected to professors and students so that we can work together to help one another succeed, whether it's through guest speaking, internships, or even networking.
- What piece of advice would you pass onto the graduating class of Ospreys?
You get out what you put into anything. Competition is fierce and anything worth having is worth working hard. Networking is everything. Look people in the eye, smile, and introduce yourself. Trust your gut, put in the time, and you'll find success.
- Is there anything else you would like to share with Stockton and your fellow Ospreys?
I'm looking forward to how the Atlantic City Campus community will continue to grow and thrive!