Your Job Search
Job & Internship Searching
Job searching involves a lot more than just finding and applying for jobs. Spending significant time researching, networking and preparing will lead to more opportunities and faster results.
- Review our handout on Effective Job Searching that covers four concrete steps that are a part of every effective job search.
- Read this handout to learn how to be an ethical job seeker and this handout on how to identify fraudulent employers or job postings.
- Review the skills that employers look for when hiring recent graduates.
- Researching employers is an important part of the job search process. Make sure you learn as much as you can about any of your target employers. Check out the Researching Employers page for resources and links to help with your research.
- Looking for job boards related to your field of interest? Check out our comprehensive list of job and internship posting sites.
- Check out this great slideshow from LinkedIn about how to stand out in your job search.
- Don't forget about Stockton's Career Fairs:
Professional attire is required. To view professional dress criteria and view a list of employers attending download the free Guidebook App and search for Stockton Career & Internship Fairs or log into StocktonWorks: www.stockton.edu/StocktonWorks.