Honors Senior Research Presentations will be held on Friday, April 26, 2019, 4:30- 6:30pm, C Wing Room 004. Light refreshments will be available.
ATTEND THE NORTHEAST REGIONAL HONORS COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING
Funding is available for Honors students engaged in undergraduate research projects to attend the annual NRHC conferences. Students will participate in all parts of the funded-projects process including crafting a successful application and creating a state-of-the-art digital presentation. Applications are open to students in any discipline.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FOR UNDERGRADUATES
Board of Trustees Fellowships for Distinguished Students
Undergraduate students (32 credits or more) can receive financial support for a project, research, or creative work (non-credit bearing) by applying for the Board of Trustees Fellowship for Distinguished Students. Initiatives involving Civic Engagement and Residential Life’s Living Learning Communities may also be considered for funding.
The guideline/application materials can be found in a PDF version on the Dean of Students website at Fellowship for Distinguished Students. Contact the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities at 626-3585, or email OSRR@stockton.edu for more information.
Program and Faculty Projects
CHEM 2510, Introduction to Research. This course is designed to allow first and second year NAMS students to get involved in research. Students will work on one of two projects associated with Marc Richard's research in trace explosive analysis or Kristen Hallock-Water's work in environmental chemistry. Check the course schedule to see days/times.
Resources for Applicants
These are available from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) but are helpful for any research, internship, or job applicant.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Research-Based Internships for Undergraduates
- National Science Foundation, Research Experiences for Undergraduates Please note that some of the NSF opportunities are also open to majors in the social sciences and humanities.
- Marine and Estuarine Science REU, University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Rowan University SURE program in Biomedical Sciences
- Argonne National Laboratory Educational Programs for Undergraduates
- NASA, Undergraduate Student Researchers Program
- NASA, Langley Aerospace Research Summer Scholars Program
- DAAD Research Internships in Science and Engineering (RISE)
- U.S. Department of Commerce Internship for Post Secondary Students. Eligible disciplines are business; life, health,and medical sciences; communications and graphic design; computer science; physical sciences; and mathematics.
- Department of Energy Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships. Students who are majoring in any branch of science, math, engineering and technology are encouraged to apply. The Department of Energy-Headquarters also has interns majoring in science or public policy under the DOE Headquarters - Naval Reactors Internship.
- National Institutes of Health, Training Programs in Biomedical Science
- FLETC College Intern Program The US Department of Homeland Security supports 12-week residential internships at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) for U.S. graduate students or undergraduate seniors majoring in criminal justice, criminology, criminal justice administration, forensic sciences,and psychology