The Honors Experience is scheduled to take place immediately after the first Freshman Orientation on Monday, July 6th. More information about the Honors Experience will be shared as part of your acceptance packet.
What is the Honors Orientation Experience?
The Honors Experience is a special overnight program designed for incoming Honors Freshmen and Transfer students. You will make friends with new and current Honors students, meet faculty and staff, and learn insider’s tips about Stockton student life. Meals are provided. Past students have found the Honors Orientation Experience to be invaluable for a smooth transition to Stockton.
What You'll Need:
The Honors Experience is only for accepted Honors students. If you have been accepted to the Honors Program, you will receive a mailing with more inforrmation.
What to Bring to the Honors Experience:
FOR ACTIVITIES AND RESIDENTIAL LIFE:
- Comfortable clothes
- Some activites require removing shoes indoors; bring/wear socks if you don't like going barefoot.
- Soap (none provided in dorms), hair care products, and other hygiene essentials
- An extra towel (students have found the ones from Residential Life to be pretty small)
- An extra blanket and pillow (the air conditioning in the dorm rooms can get pretty cold)
- Sunscreen and insect repellent (you'll be glad you did)
- Whatever personal items you'll need for a night away from home
- An open mind
- A friendly smile
- Intellectual curiosity
- Positive energy
- Lots of questions