Stockton Women’s Leadership Council Mission
The Stockton Women’s Leadership Council (SWLC) – a Stockton University Foundation initiative – is dedicated to the empowerment of women and seeks to promote networking among women and the community. The SWLC offers a platform for professionals to build relationships, discuss issues related to women, engage in mentorship opportunities, and explore ways that relevant program events and leadership development opportunities can be supported by enhanced philanthropy. Through the Council’s initiatives, faculty, staff, alumnae, friends and students will create a tradition of female leadership that will have a sustainable impact at Stockton University and across our region.
- Mentoring Stockton female students and recent alumnae
- Engage successful alumnae and friends who are leaders in their field with Stockton; create program events which will provide personal and professional development for each other and the university.
- Offer special programs and events on campus and in the community to explore and discuss issues relating to women.
- Explore ways that relevant program events and leadership development opportunities can be supported by enhanced philanthropy.
Join the Council
As a member of the SWLC, you’ll join a dynamic group that seeks to celebrate and support women. Members are encouraged to provide an annual gift for programmatic support and philanthropic initiatives. Beyond an annual gift, members can invest their time, talent and treasures to advance the mission of the SWLC while connecting with women in the community.
- SWLC will connect you to a network of like-minded professional women, while making an impact on the community.
- Professional enrichment opportunities, mentoring opportunities, and invitations to exclusive events.
- Create a culture of philanthropy; increasing awareness of power to effect change.
- Pay it forward to the next generation
- Review mentor and protégé application
- Develop mentor seminar
- Match mentors with protégés
Program Event Committee
- Research and invite guest speakers
- Plan mentor seminar with mentoring committee
- Research relevant program events for SWLC members, alumnae, friends, and students
Philanthropic Giving Committee
- Marketing and Fundraising
- Philanthropic focus