The Bursar's Office is the primary manager of student financial information and also provides centralized billing for the university. We provide accounting, cashiering, billing and collections, loan debt management (Perkins Loan), refunds, dining and debit card and financial reporting services to students.
It is our mission to safeguard the assets of the University and to provide courteous and proficient services to the entire university community.
We strive to:
- Provide accurate and timely financial information
- Ensure that payments and credits are properly applied to accounts
- Provide convenient services to all university constituents
- Serve all customers with efficiency and respect
- Implement payment policies that are reasonable and with consideration for revenue objectives
- Minimize delinquent, defaulted and outstanding accounts
- Keep up-to-date on student financial trends for possible implementation in university policy
- Adhere to regulatory requirements of the State and Federal systems and to the policies and procedures of the university
Our office communicates with students primarily from the Bursars/Payments tab in goStockton and through the student's Stockton email. It is important that you view your student account regularly. Sometimes financial aid is reduced or a parking fine is posted and students are not aware that they have a balance due on their account. A balance due may prevent a student from registering for classes, viewing their grades, requesting a transcript, or receiving their diploma.
We appreciate your selecting Stockton University to enhance your education and career goals and wish you much success. We look forward to serving you.