The Office of Academic Assessment supports learning by providing resources for faculty and administrators to assist them in the design, analysis, dissemination and use of assessments of learning, performances, attitudes, motivations, and skills.
Assessment should be driven by questions and should answer questions. An important driving question must be "What do we want students to learn?" and some questions that assessment can help us to answer are:
- "How well did students learn?"
- "What did they learn best/least?"
- "Who fared least well in the learning process?"
- "What instructional practices were most effective?"
- "Did this course change attitudes?"
- "What can students do better after this course?"