Shuttle Rules & Regulations
Below is a list of rules and regulations that apply to the use of the Stockton University Shuttle Service. A driver may ask you to modify your behavior to adhere to these rules and policies. Failure to do so can result in a patron not being allowed to ride the shuttle.
- Show valid Stockton I.D. when boarding shuttle.
- Non-Stockton riders must be accompanied by a Stockton host with a valid Stockton I.D.
- Shuttles depart on schedule.
- Boarding and exiting of passengers will occur only at designated locations. Shuttles will not stop to allow passenger access once shuttles are in motion.
- Passengers seeking to board shuttles must do so only after all passengers have exited.
- Standing is not permitted on shuttles to and from Atlantic City.
- Yield seating to those who require a seat due to age or physical challenges.
- During peak travel times, do not place personal items on seats so as to allow the maximum number of riders to board.
- Alcohol and smoking are not permitted in any form on shuttles or at pick-up or drop off locations. Prohibited items include (but not limited to) e-cigarettes, vapor devices, pipes, or cigars.
- Food and drinks must be in a sealed container and bagged for the duration of the ride.
- Bicycles currently are not permitted on the shuttles.
- Only service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and accompanied by a Stockton host with a valid Stockton ID are allowed. Emotional support animals are not permitted on shuttles. Additional information on the University’s Service Animal and Emotional Support Animal Policy can be found at: https://stockton.edu/policyprocedure/documents/policies/I-125.pdf
- Please use headphones while listening to music.
- Intrusive or loud use of profanity/obscenities or other disorderly conduct including threatening or harassing behavior are unacceptable conduct.
- Do not distract the driver while he/she is operating the vehicle or interfere in a manner that impacts the driver’s control (e.g., talking loudly on cell phone or unnecessary conversation with the driver).
- Any items left on the shuttle will be transferred to Stockton University Lost and Found located in the Grand Hall of the Stockton University Campus Center (Galloway), at the information & Operations Desk. For more information access: https://secure.repoapp.com/public_items/758C60A9, or contact (609) 652 – 4706.