A New Grant-Funded Program at the
Southern Regional Institute and Educational Technology Training Center (SRI&ETTC)
at Stockton University
Workshops for K-12 Teachers
The SRI&ETTC at Stockton University is pleased to announce the establishment of a new regional center funded by the New Jersey Department of Education. The CS Coastal Hub will expand access to computer science for all K-12 students by building a network of educators across the region who are prepared to guide their students as they develop understanding and skills in computer science.
The SRI&ETTC has developed a unique professional development model for the
CS Coastal Hub that will offer the BIG ideas, the CORE ideas, and ADVANCED TOPICS that will fully engage all K-12 teachers in order to:
- Increase the number of well-prepared, high-quality educators from diverse backgrounds to teach Computer Science.
- Expand equitable access to high-quality, standards-based Computer Science education for all K–12 students.
- Provide resources aligned with the 2020 NJSLS-CS to assist schools as they expand Computer Science education in the classroom or through extra-curricular activities across grades K-12.
- Resources & Unplugged Computer Science Activities
- Physical Computing with Coding and Robots
- Curricular Programs based on district and grade level needs
- Data, Computing, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Opportunity to collaborate with regional colleagues
- Become part of a PLC with coaching and support available throughout the school year
- Hands on experience with computer science and computer science resources
- Time to explore resources and plan for the school year
- Access to the lending library
- Access to our online resources
Workshops will be repeated throughout the school year and will also be available online.
Please complete this form to let us know you are interested:
Still have questions about the workshops or participating in any of our sessions?