A New Grant-Funded Program at the
Southern Regional Institute and Educational Technology Training Center (SRI&ETTC)
at Stockton University
Workshops for K-12 Teachers
The SRI&ETTC at Stockton University is pleased to announce the establishment of a new regional center funded by the New Jersey Department of Education. The CS Coastal Hub will expand access to computer science for all K-12 students by building a network of educators across the region who are prepared to guide their students as they develop understanding and skills in computer science.
The SRI&ETTC has developed a unique professional development model for the
CS Coastal Hub that will offer the BIG ideas, the CORE ideas, and ADVANCED TOPICS that will fully engage all K-12 teachers in order to:
- Increase the number of well-prepared, high-quality educators from diverse backgrounds to teach Computer Science.
- Expand equitable access to high-quality, standards-based Computer Science education for all K–12 students.
- Provide resources aligned with the 2020 NJSLS-CS to assist schools as they expand Computer Science education in the classroom or through extra-curricular activities across grades K-12.
- Please note: CS Coastal Hub workshops are available at NO COST to the school district. When teachers attend programming during the school day, schools will be reimbursed for the cost of substitutes. When teachers attend after-school, in the evening, or on Saturday, they will receive a stipend from the CS Coastal Hub. Please contact the SRI&ETTC at email@example.com
- Resources & Unplugged Computer Science Activities
- Physical Computing with Coding and Robots
- Curricular Programs based on district and grade level needs
- Data, Computing, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Opportunity to collaborate with regional colleagues
- Become part of a PLC with coaching and support available throughout the school year
- Hands on experience with computer science and computer science resources
- Time to explore resources and plan for the school year
- Access to the lending library
- Access to our online resources
Workshops will be repeated throughout the school year and will also be available online.
Important Information regarding CS Coastal Workshops!
- Workshops offered through this program are available at NO COST.
- Pre-registration is required.
- When teachers attend programming during the school day, schools will be reimbursed for the cost of substitutes.
- When teachers attend after-school, in the evening, or on Saturday, they will receive a stipend from the CS Coastal Hub.
Questions? Please contact the SRI&ETTC at firstname.lastname@example.org